[support] HOW: Moving drupal from one host to another

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:16:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Néstor <rotsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Both host are windows running WAMP.
>
> I did not set a .htaccess on directories at work or at home.

What people are saying is that Drupal has a very important .htaccess file in
the Drupal document root. Very often when using FTP clients, these files are
hidden and so don't get copied when one wishes to copy or move a site from
one host to another.

The trick is to make sure you copied the Drupal .htaccess file along with
the other. If you did, then we can narrow it down to another issue. But
first that must be clear.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar