[support] Can't uninstall imagecache

cooper Quintin cooperq at cooperq.com
Fri Feb 20 01:44:11 UTC 2009

I thought about this and checked it out in the database.  The database
only holds relative paths, i.e. modules/taxonomy/taxonomy.module  so it
can't be the wrong absolute path in the system databse thats causing
this problem.

I have a new problem now too though, I tried to create a symlink to the
modules directory like one user suggested, I put the symlink outside of
the webroot, this didn't work out too well for me, so I moved them back,
but now when I go to sites/build/modules it changes the file path in the
database to point to modules/modules/taxonomy/taxonomy.module (this is
the relative path of where the symlink was).  I can import a clean copy
of the database, (where the file pointer is at
modules/taxonomy/taxonomy.module) but when I visit admin/build/modules
again, it changes back to modules/modules/taxonomy.module.
Cog Rusty wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Earnie Boyd
> <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> Quoting cooper Quintin <cooperq at cooperq.com>:
>>

>>> Thanks, I will try this.  It's weird that it would be reading from the
>>> wrong directory though.  Is the modules directory cached in drupal
>>> somewhere or something?  I find it very odd that it would ever read from
>>> a different webroot.
>>>
>> Yes, the system table contains the paths to modules.  If you've copied
>> the DB from one site to another then the you'll likely have the wrong
>> paths to all modules.
>>

> ... which normally are automatically updated in the database whenever
> you visit the admin/build/modules page.
>

>> --
>> Earnie  http://r-feed.com
>>  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.
>>
>> -- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/
>>
>> --

Cooper Quintin
Freelance Programmer, Indymedia Journalist
http://CooperQ.com
(510) 827-5382