[support] help with Drupal 6 theme inheritance

Michael Anderson usufruct at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 15:47:14 UTC 2009

I'm hoping to get some help with what should be an easy question: how do I
inherit a core theme?

After looking at the docs it seemed that by creating a .info file and
setting the base theme I would have inheritance set up. I tried that with
this:

name = development - testing theme based on Garland
core = 6.x
base theme = garland

After activating this theme I lost all styles. The base theme directive
seems to do nothing. My theme is in sites/all/themes/garland-dev; garland is
in themes/garland. Please advise.

--
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand
il ne reste rien à enlever.