[support] Video Module

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Fri Jan 2 07:12:39 UTC 2009

Happy New Year!

Drupal 5.11 - and I am no PHP guy :-)

As you can see on this page:
http://anonemusic.com/xmas_2008
the thumbnail opens Thickbox instead of the link to the node.  I'd
really appreciate if someone could direct me to the right direction
how to fix this.  I have been frustrated with this quite sometime.
The node type gives no access to each field, which causes the same
problem on views.  If they did, I could assign link to
video_thumbnail.  I attempted teaser template, which failed
miserably :-(

Granted, the video module has not been updated quite sometime, and
posting questions there have not been responded.  On top of that, I
have not been able to update Drupal 5.11 because every attempt brakes
that thumbnail, and I don't know how to fix it except restoring from
the backup.  I should forget video module, but I can't.

I have tried JQ Media with SWF Tools and Embedded Media Field.  So far
none gives me the option to overlay an image, the video_thumbnail per
video.  The flv is displayed black with white triangle.  Embedded
Media Field also won't work with external file.  The project page
indicates custom_url is only experimental, but all of my video files
are on my mac.com server which is faster for video.  If I try external
file, the node displays nothing, while embedding YouTube works fine.

Is there anything else to replace Video module, which gives
video_thumbnail and the play count?

--
- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Greater Boston
http://a-no-ne.com   http://anonemusic.com