[support] Reorganizing for my classes

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Sat Jan 3 17:34:09 UTC 2009

On 09/01/03(土), at 4:38, Bill Fitzgerald wrote:

> I would create a separate role for your existing students

Done!

> If you can get away with using core OG email functionality, I would
> try
> to just use that. First off, it will help you avoid module bloat; and
> second, it will be less complex to set up. Core OG supports mailing
> all
> members of a group.

For the life of me, I haven't been able to find how to email to the
members of a group.  There is nothing like "Create Group Notification"
I can find.  I was also unable to find it in the OG documentation
section.  Any pointer would be appreciated.

But it sounds like I won't be able to send out notification per
section of a group?  If that is the case, I probably need to create 2
groups per sections for 1 class.

> I would recommend checking out the Views Bulk Operations module

Will do.  Thank you.

> OG: Chapter 12 in the book goes through the core OG
> config options in a fair amount of detail. If you're wrestling with
> setting up OG, it could be a good place to start.

Believe or not, I read the section 3 times before I sent you a
message :-)
I think my problem in general is that Drupal is aimed at social
networking, while my usage is static at my end.  I have bought many
Drupal books, but my impression has been that all the focuses are
collaborations between members, and this is usually where I get
confused from my needs.

--
- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Greater Boston
http://a-no-ne.com   http://anonemusic.com