[support] Custom Registration Form

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 6 14:54:09 UTC 2009

Quoting "sivaji j.g" <sivaji2009 at gmail.com>:

> hello,
>
> I want to create a custom user registration form, i found that user.module
> (a core module) is responsible for existing user registration and login i
> thought of chaing the core module but its not good practice to change core
> modul right ? . so i didnt change the core module.
>
> As for as i know custom registration form can be created by copying the
> content of user.module to custom-user.module, now i can customize the
> custom-user.module functions  i.e adding addition fields to $form array and
> wrting my own validation code. i dont know how far it will work.
>
> if you have any better solution please share it with me.

The profile module allows you to add fields to the user registration
form but if that isn't what you want a module can be created and you
can use the functions hook_form_alter [1] and hook_user [2].

[1] http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_form_alter
[2] http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_user

--
Earnie  http://r-feed.com
  Make a Drupal difference and review core patches.

-- http://for-my-kids.com/  -- http://give-me-an-offer.com/