[support] alternatives to node_import?

Marc Morris marc at cultmovieforums.com
Wed Jan 7 13:58:14 UTC 2009

I'm in the process of building a Drupal 6 site and I need to import
around 5,500 records from a Filemaker database into CCK. I've
exported a CVS file and I've tried the "node_import" module but I'm
having no luck whatsoever as it's still a work in progress.

I keep getting a dropped server connection or a blank screen when
moving from step 3 to 4.

Can anybody suggest any alternatives or a fix?

I'm aware that users have used a previous version of Drupal to do the
import and then upgraded, but I'm already fully installed on D6.

Thanks,

Marc