[support] node profile permissions problems

Christopher M. Jones cjones at partialflow.com
Thu Jan 8 15:37:27 UTC 2009

I have the problem that node profiles are not editable by anyone but the
author of the node (he for whom the node is a profile), not even by user
1. I need an 'editor' role to be able to edit these profile nodes. I
have made sure that the role has rights on the type, but still no dice.

I can see how this behavior could be by design. Is that the case? Can
someone show me a way around it? Or, if it's a configuration problem
then what have I done wrong?

Note, I have no other access control modules hanging around.