[support] Site Slow

Shyamala Rajaram shyamala at netlinkindia.com
Mon Jan 12 15:25:19 UTC 2009

A site is Slow could be due to following causes:

*         The Queries that get executed in the page (this can be checked by enabling the Devel module <http://drupal.org/project/devel>

*         Server (Mysql, PHP, Apache) configuration

*         Yslow Performance issues – There are related to the time taken to HTML generation, no of DOM elements, js file size, images, flash, etc. These are elements that get addressed in the Drupal theme.

Since you are testing in the local machine and have addressed some of the parameters that are associated with point 3, I think enabling Devel module to provide more information as to which is the Query that is causing the delay.

Shyamala

Head Drupal Competency Center

Netlink Technologies Ltd

http://shyamala-drupal.blogspot.com/