[support] can you help me with .htaccess andredirection ofdrupal?

cooper Quintin cooperq at cooperq.com
Tue Jan 13 13:15:36 UTC 2009

> Hi,
> yes, I have clean urls and also I use pathauto without any problem.
> here is the .htaccess file, note that there are 2 lines commented, that are what you suggest me but unfortunately doesn't work properly.

Thats because you need to put them in the right place.  See below
> [...]
> #
> # Apache/PHP/Drupal settings:
> #
>
> # Protect files and directories from prying eyes.
> <FilesMatch "(\.(engine|inc|info|install|module|profile|po|sh|.*sql|theme|tpl(\.php)?|xtmpl)|code-style\.pl|Entries.*|Repository|Root|Tag|Template)$">
>   Order allow,deny
> </FilesMatch>
>
> # Don't show directory listings for URLs which map to a directory.
> Options -Indexes
>
> # Follow symbolic links in this directory.
> Options +FollowSymLinks
>
> # Customized error messages.
> ErrorDocument 404 /index.php
>
> # Set the default handler.
> DirectoryIndex index.php
>
> # Override PHP settings. More in sites/default/settings.php
> # but the following cannot be changed at runtime.
>
> # PHP 4, Apache 1.
> <IfModule mod_php4.c>
>   php_value magic_quotes_gpc                0
>   php_value register_globals                0
>   php_value session.auto_start              0
>   php_value mbstring.http_input             pass
>   php_value mbstring.http_output            pass
>   php_value mbstring.encoding_translation   0
> </IfModule>
>
> # PHP 4, Apache 2.
> <IfModule sapi_apache2.c>
>   php_value magic_quotes_gpc                0
>   php_value register_globals                0
>   php_value session.auto_start              0
>   php_value mbstring.http_input             pass
>   php_value mbstring.http_output            pass
>   php_value mbstring.encoding_translation   0
> </IfModule>
>
> # PHP 5, Apache 1 and 2.
> <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>   php_value magic_quotes_gpc                0
>   php_value register_globals                0
>   php_value session.auto_start              0
>   php_value mbstring.http_input             pass
>   php_value mbstring.http_output            pass
>   php_value mbstring.encoding_translation   0
> </IfModule>
>
> # Requires mod_expires to be enabled.
> <IfModule mod_expires.c>
>   # Enable expirations.
>   ExpiresActive On
>   # Cache all files for 2 weeks after access (A).
>   ExpiresDefault A1209600
>   # Do not cache dynamically generated pages.
>   ExpiresByType text/html A1
> </IfModule>
>

> # Various rewrite rules.
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>   RewriteEngine on
>
>   # If your site can be accessed both with and without the 'www.' prefix, you
>   # can use one of the following settings to redirect users to your preferred
>   # URL, either WITH or WITHOUT the 'www.' prefix. Choose ONLY one option:
>   #
>   # To redirect all users to access the site WITH the 'www.' prefix,
>   # (http://example.com/... will be redirected to http://www.example.com/...)
>   # adapt and uncomment the following:
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^spazioausili\.net$ [NC]

# the lines should be here in the file:

  RewriteRule ^nvda http://www.spazioausili.net/~nvda_italia/nvda [L,R=permanent]
  RewriteRule ^pcCiechi http://www.spazioausili.net/~ilcameriere/pcCiechi [L,R=permanent]

>   #
>   # To redirect all users to access the site WITHOUT the 'www.' prefix,
>   # (http://www.example.com/... will be redirected to http://example.com/...)
>   # adapt and uncomment the following:
>   # RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.example\.com$ [NC]
>   # RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://example.com/$1 [L,R=301]
>
>   # Modify the RewriteBase if you are using Drupal in a subdirectory and
>   # the rewrite rules are not working properly.
>   #RewriteBase /drupal
>
>   # Rewrite old-style URLs of the form 'node.php?id=x'.
>   #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>   #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>   #RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^id=([^&]+)$
>   #RewriteRule node.php index.php?q=node/view/%1 [L]
>
>   # Rewrite old-style URLs of the form 'module.php?mod=x'.
>   #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>   #RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>   #RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^mod=([^&]+)$
>   #RewriteRule module.php index.php?q=%1 [L]
>
>   # Rewrite current-style URLs of the form 'index.php?q=x'.
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
> RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
> </IfModule>

Also be sure to delete all 4 of the following lines.  They will never
get read by apache so you won't redirect.

--
Cooper Quintin
Freelance Programmer, Indymedia Journalist