[support] How to create "Edit & Save" Action?

Michael Prasuhn mike at mikeyp.net
Tue Jan 20 03:17:07 UTC 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 6:21 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:
> Yes you can.  Views_attach creates a new display type for Views
> (along with
> Block, Page, etc.) that attaches itself to nodes of a given type
> that you
> specify.  You can also use an argument that takes a nid from the URL
> (either
> nid or a nodereference) to make the view contextual to the node it's
> on, which
> is where the fun stuff happens.  You can then order where that view
> will appear
> using the CCK Manage fields page.  It works for users, too.

Okay, I thought I had this figured out, but upon further testing, I
don't see how to specify the argument. I have defaults and a 'Node
Content' display on my view, so I have no path to put %1 into, to tell
it where to pull the argument from. I thought maybe there would be an
option under the Display settings, to use the node ID as an argument,
(similar to panels integration where you can choose the source of
arguments) but I don't see anything like that.

So I can't figure out how to pass the node ID to view without it being
a page with an argument in the path for the page display.

-Mike

Michael Prasuhn
mike at mikeyp.net
http://mikeyp.net