[support] Parsing QUERY_STRING

Davide Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli michel at ziobudda.net
Fri Jan 23 08:33:13 UTC 2009

Scott ha scritto:
> I have posted at http://drupal.org/node/361193 a request for information
> but have yet to hear anything back.  So, I thought I'd try here.  I am
> rewriting a web site from php4 to drupal 6.  One important section of
> the old site uses QUERY_STRING to pass a parameter thusly:
> "../viewform/wcab10"
> The string "viewform" represents an actual page but "wcab10" is an index
> value.  I'm trying to figure out how to do this with drupal.  So far it
> looks as if I need to create nodes for all possible index field values.
> Rather I wish to land on viewform (node/xxx) and use "wcab10" as a
> parameter for a module (select * from table where index_field =
> "wcab10").

The first thing that I think is to create an alias from node/xxx to
viewform. If I don't wrong remember in this way the rest of the URL that
follow viewform is considered like parameter(s).
Try.

M.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobudda.net
Consulenza sistemistica in ambito OpenSource.
Sviluppo applicazioni web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ziodrupal.net       			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at ziobuddalabs.it