[support] Display latest article with lead Images and Teaser using view

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Mon Jun 1 08:01:41 UTC 2009

Displaying an image left is just basic css, there is no need to make a
custom template for that, make sure the order is title, image, content in
the view.
#id_of_the_view img {
  float:left;
  margin-right:10px;
}

If you don't understand this code, it's a good idea to buy a book on css or
to check out http://www.w3schools.com/css/. <http://www.w3schools.com/css/>

I personally prefer imagefield above image_attach because fields are a lot
more futureproof (and in Drupal 7 core) and because fields naturally have a
very good integration with views.

To show only one the first image for the imagefield select the image
settings in the view. Choose "group multiple values" and "show 1 value
starting from 0" to show only the first image.

To show shorter version, just choose "trim this field to a maximum length"
in the view, this is a lot more flexible and adjustable than teasers (which
go up in steps of 200). Since this option in views, teasers have no more
function I think. Use a text field instead of body and remove body.

Hans
www.koba.be