[support] mailing list manager questions

T L tloud365 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 13:00:58 UTC 2009

Hey Eduard,

Why not try the simplenews module?  "Simplenews publishes and sends
newsletters to lists of subscribers. Both anonymous and authenticated users
can opt-in to different mailing lists."
http://drupal.org/project/simplenews

I think this might help you avoid issues with 3rd party app
integration/database cohabitation.

Cheers,
Tim

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:10 AM, eduard aylon <eduard.aylon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm just starting with drupal and this is my first post to the list, so
> bare with me.
>
> I am trying to find a module that will allow me to have subscribers to a
> newsletter, however subscribers will not be (drupal) registered users.
> I believe the solution to this problem is either use mailman or phplist,
> however I don't have root access to the server which disables the option to
> install mailman. So I decided to try out phplist. After installing phplist,
> and pointing my browser to /lists/admin I had a message saying:
>
>        "Error: Database has not been initialised ,go to initialise database
> to continue"
>
> I'm a bit a concerned about initialising the database, as I don't want to
> lose any of the data contained in it. This is, because phplist and drupal
> share the same database (don't have rights on the server to create a new
> database, that's why). In the config.php from phplist I set a different
> table prefix, so maybe initialising the database will just create a new
> table for phplist, but I am unsure. Could anyone tell me whether is safe to
> initialise the database or not?
>
> I also have another installation on my home computer where I have
> drupal-6.9 (previous one is drupal-6.12). I use this installation for
> testing things out. So I installed phplist in this one, and configure it.
> Set permissions in drupal so I can access and administer phplist module.
> However when I go to drupal>site_configuration>phplist I get sent back to
> the site_configuration page whithout being able to configure the module at
> all. So can't tell phplist module what table prefix or database should be
> pointing to.
>
> Any help is much appreciated,
>
> eduard

Tim Loudon