[support] upgrading with from D5 to D6

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Tue Jun 9 08:59:18 UTC 2009

Guten Tag,
Just upgrade as described in the upgrade instructions for Drupal core and
CCK and your content should be there. Make a backup in advance and test
first.

You probably heard instructions on how to get content from another site our
external source into your Drupal site, where you could indeed use a csv file
and some import module, but for a normal upgrade its not needed.

The main thing that will not upgrade is your views. You will have to remake
them in Views 2 in Drupal 6. But it's worth it as views 2 is so much more
flexible and is a lot easier to theme. For simple views there is a views 1
importer in views 2, but I prefer to remake all views because views 2 is
better organised so you can reduce the number of views a lot by
restructuring them.

Hans
www.koba.be

2009/6/9 Sebastian Gödecke <simpsonetti at googlemail.com>

> Guten Tag Support Support,
>
> hi, i want to upgrade one site from D5 to D6.
> Most things i have to do i think i know, but how do i get my content
> from D5 to D6 ?
> i'm using cck and views and yesterday i hoeard something about
> "import/export-api" modul to create a , maybe csv-file with my content
> and import them in D6 after i create all necessary fields.
>
> but is there a way, that handles this quite easier ?
>
> regards simpsonetti
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Sebastian Gödecke