[support] upgrading with from D5 to D6

Walter Garcia-Fontes walter.garcia at upf.edu
Tue Jun 9 08:49:29 UTC 2009

* Sebastian Gödecke [09/06/09 10:10]:
> i'm using cck and views and yesterday i hoeard something about
> "import/export-api" modul to create a , maybe csv-file with my content
> and import them in D6 after i create all necessary fields.

I've just updated a quite complex site from D5 to D6. To create the
new database the update process described in the tutorials at
drupal.org transfers all the content from the D5 installation to the
D6 installation. CCK content gets transfered without any issue, views
instead have to be converted from version 1 to version 2. In the new
D6 site the old views can be found at the Views 2 UI at "Tools", under
"Convert". There you can convert your Views 1 to Views 2, some of the
them need readjustment after the conversion, but I got them all
converted. The panels have also to be rebuilt if you use panels.

I got though the issue described in http://drupal.org/node/321154, and
I solved it using one of the solutions described there.

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes
Barcelona