[support] future directions of user profiles

John Callahan john.callahan at UDel.Edu
Sat Jun 13 05:48:26 UTC 2009

I'm working on a few sites now that will make use of registered user
information (like a full bio for each user on one site.)  I've read
things here and there about how user profile data should really be
stored as nodes (with custom fields) then stored separately as the core
Profile module does.  Since I'm developing these sites currently, I'm
debating on building around the core Profile module or the Content
Profile module.  Views seems to do well with either.  Of course, I also
like what the Advanced Profile Kit/Panels brings.

For D7+, will user profile data be treated as nodes and the core Profile
module go away?   Thanks.

- John

John Callahan
Geospatial Application Developer
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware
227 Academy St, Newark DE 19716-7501
Tel: (302) 831-3584
Email: john.callahan at udel.edu
http://www.dgs.udel.edu