[support] Class modules

Warren Vail warren at vailtech.net
Tue Jun 16 14:04:50 UTC 2009

Good sources, I have the book, found it lacking but didn't give any thought
to why.  Closer look at this indicates a difference between what I am
looking for and Mr. Fitzgerald's focus.  The book seems to focus on
supplementing the classroom process, instead of trying to find an
alternative to that process.

As a software developer, I have been part of, and victim of, a global effort
to imbed knowledge in software to make it unnecessary to keep lots of
developers on staff, allowing for offshore (cheaper) talent to supplant what
I do.

My limited vision of what I needed would allow someone to create courses to
teach the special knowledge of the courses author, then, the teaching would
continue without the teacher's active participation.  Much of what I know
about Drupal development was learned this way, from books just like Mr.
Fitzgerald's, perhaps not as well done as formal teaching, but not as costly
as formal classrooms.

This raises the question, will educators become the next victims of
globalization?

Warren Vail