[support] Create a group of nodes and taxonomies programmatically

Luke drupal at lists.tacticus.com
Fri Jun 26 07:35:23 UTC 2009

Hello

I am trying to deploy a site (D6), which will include a list of
manufacturers, each with a sublist of model numbered products.

Each one of those products will include several nodes, addressing that
product's attributes.

This is basically a review type site--it isn't selling things directly, so
a commerce package is not desirable here.

What I would like to be able to do, is create a master CCK node for a
particular product.

Select a manufacturer from the taxonomy list, and enter the model number
of the product.

The saving of that node would then create the taxonomy entry for the model
number, and several other nodes to hold various descriptive pages which
are the same for each product.

I.E. each product has a description node, a layout node, a features node,
etc..

Nodereference fields on that master node should also fill in automatically
with links to the newly created info nodes.

This could maybe also be done by creating the taxonomy entry for the model
number, and having that create the master node and all of the blank info
nodes.

I would then like to be able to access, not only through the master node's
links, but also via something like:

http://site.com/manufacturer/modelnumber/features
http://site.com/manufacturer/modelnumber/layout

That sort of thing.

Is there any extant system which comes close to pulling this off in an
existing module or set thereof?

I know about this, which might come in handy if I have to code most of it,
but I'd really rather avoid that.
<http://crotown.com/content/programmatically-creating-instances-cck-types-drupal-6>

Thanks

Luke