[support] HELP! with Views and relational data

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Tue Mar 3 20:44:42 UTC 2009

Hi,
If you are using views 2 you can use nodereference or userreference in cck
and then use views relationships to make a join between the content types
and have all data available. The book Using Drupal has a case study how to
build an attendance tracking system with Drupal (and with the flag module
instead of signup module) which is allmost exactly the one you want (I
think).

If the data you calculate on with a computed field changes, you have to
resubmit the node to recalculate. Computed field does not automatically
updates its value, which is for me a big disadvantage of the field.

Good luck,

Hans

2009/3/3 Chris McCreery <chris.mccreery at gmail.com>

> Hi I am creating a site that has the following content types:
>
>    - Organization (Usernode)
>    - Program (define a program)
>    - Attendance Tracking (track attendance for that program)
>
> I would like to create an admin view that shows me all the details for
> either program or the attendance tracking with data from the usernode. For
> example:
>
> Program Name
> Organization Name
> Province
> Country
> Postal Code
>
> I'm just wondering what is the best way to have the Program and Attendance
> tracking content types reference this data. Would I need to create computed
> fields that query the database separately to get them into the content type?
>
> Thanks, any help would be much appreciated.
>

> --
> Chris McCreery

Hans Rossel
KOBA Webdevelopment