[support] Help with deleting all users with a specific role

Steve Power steev at initsix.co.uk
Thu Mar 12 18:46:18 UTC 2009

Hi

ive been migrating a customer from phpbb2 to D6.  Was sposed to go live on
sunday...  Ive had numerous issues (mainly due to poor sql performance on
ec2 instances!) and the rest is due to be finished tonight starting 10pm uk
time....one problem is that the customer has been using the test site to
create nodes, while i stupidly had test forum data on there.  I have managed
to delete all the test forum data, but im left with 1700 users who need to
be readded from the most recent cut of the phpbb database.

Anyways, longer story shorter - does anyone know the SQL i can use to delete
all authetnicated users, all their post settings (e.g. user_titles_posts)
and related tables etc?  I assume there is a drupal function that i can loop
through somewhere, but im running out of time and wondered if anyone had
done this before, and if they could point me in the right direction!

cheers!

Steve Power
Principal Consultant
Mobile: +44 (0) 7747 027 243
Initsix Technology and Media
--
"So Linux is bulletproof? No. Bulletproof is one of the last stages of
drunkenness, not a state of security"  http://www.linux.com/feature/60208