[support] Is there a standard way to do this with CCK/views (etc) - a tutorial would be fantastic...

Steve sjh_drupal at shic.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 19:06:16 UTC 2009

Peter Dowling wrote:
> Steve, you may also want to look at the Using Drupal book (O'Reilly
> press).  It has a chapter on creating a Wiki which uses a few modules
> (but no any of the Wiki modules interestingly) to create this sort of
> content.  Wikis definitely make use of revisions and the diff module and
> might give you some ideas for collaborative content.
If that book is recommended, I guess I'll need to order a copy... I've
kept an eye out at my local bookshop (as I'd prefer to have a glance
through before parting with cash...) but haven't taken the plunge.

The big challenge that I see is with respect to the structure I want to
impose on the content.  While I don't want to chose an implementation
strategy prematurely, it feels as if I want to manage pages conforming
to an extensible (and backwardly compatible) verified XML schema... and
to, somehow, keep track of ownership and edit history.  It seems such an
obvious thing to want to do...

Steve