[support] MyISAM vs InnoDB

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Sat Mar 21 20:16:25 UTC 2009

Kieran Lal wrote:
> Tell us more about your site.  Number of nodes, users, traffic.  What
> kind of hosting environment, etc?
>
> InnoDB is safer, but consumes more resources.

Hmm... let's see... 7,152 nodes, 4,300 users, and if I read the monthly
log correctly, it seems like it averages 15,300 hits/day with a peak of
18,000 hits/day on wednesdays. But I think that might include all the
files that go into making a web page (CSS, logo, etc).

We have a shared hosting environment, of the type that doesn't over-sell
disk space, so it is somewhat intermediate between a typical shared
hosting and a dedicated host.

The servers run RHEL, PHP 5.2.8 and MySQL 5.1.30.

Uhm... I can't think of anything else I can say about the site. Does any
of this help answer my question?

Daniel.