[support] How to Fix a Messed Up Site

Steve Kessler skessler at denverdataman.com
Sun May 3 18:49:17 UTC 2009

What are they looking to sell. If all they need are memberships or event
payments that can all be done with Civi.

>From my readining about eCommerce and Ubercart some of them use the same
table names. I don't see why you could not delete both modules and then
install Ubercart and see what happens. That way the only data recreation is
for the product specifications. Is there any order history to be worried
about.

In terms of the overall upgrade to 6 - is this a stock theme and are there
upgrade paths to 6 for the modules in use. Sites that are done wrong in 5
can be a problem to move to 6. I have ran into that trying to move my first
attempt at Drupal from 5 to 6.

Fred, I know you know this but I will say backup everything before trying
this.

Thanks,
Steve