[support] problem with tmp folder and permission

Simone Dal Maso simone.dalmaso at juvox.it
Fri May 8 07:51:29 UTC 2009

Hi,
you wrote:

> 777 is really too much.
> What about the ownership of the directory?
>
> What about the ownership of other files in your base dir? what were
> the default of your hosting provider?

ah...
When I open my ftp client, I have some directories created by my host
provider.
I must put all drupal files in the "httpdocs" folder.
All the directories are created by the same user, but, the root directory
like httpdocs has the group psaserv, instead all the subdirectories (tmp,
files, modules etc) has psaclnt.
so, they become to different group.
Should I try asking my provider to change this?
thanks!