[support] Exporting content for translation

john_oshea at wordbank.com john_oshea at wordbank.com
Fri May 8 16:33:09 UTC 2009

T L wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> Can you clarify if you are looking to export data or if you are trying
> to translate data as mentioned in the referenced link?  Also, maybe a
> bit about your setup (modules, etc) and aims.

Hi Tim and Ivan, thanks for your responses, and please excuse the joint
reply.

The situation we're currently in is that we have a very basic site set
up in English only, and are looking to export the content (maybe 50pp of
text content), translate it in bulk, and then re-import it back in as
French, German etc.

The reason we're looking at bulk export/import is that's how we're used
to working. We're a localization agency and have a set of filters for
taking most export formats, extracting the localizable text into Word
format, where our translators can use their translation memory tools and
the like.

This is our first Drupal setup and we're still exploring what's possible
and what isn't, and what the "Drupal ways" of doing things are, so it's
not actually critical that we get a solution to the export/import to be
honest.

I'm going to have a look at the XLIFF Tools module that Ivan's pointed
me at, as I suspect that may well do exactly what we want.

Thanks (both) for your speedy responses - they're much appreciated.

John

--
John O'Shea
Wordbank Limited