[support] CPU usage

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Wed May 13 11:40:31 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm having trouble with CPU usage on my Drupal 5 site. I just enabled
caching, and hopefully that will solve the problem, but I want to look
at what else I can do to reduce CPU usage further.

On the performance page, Drupal gives me the option to "Aggregate and
compress CSS files". This sounds pretty good, as it would reduce
bandwidth and HTTP requests. But I'm concerned that the compression
might increase CPU usage.

Can anyone tell me if selecting the "aggregate and compress CSS files"
option will increase my CPU usage?

Can anyone suggest other ideas to decrease my CPU usage?

Thanks,
Daniel.