[support] CPU usage

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Thu May 14 08:19:39 UTC 2009

Hi Cozzi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad someone here understands me :-)

United Hosting is much better than DH (and much more expensive too) as
they do not over-sell resources and they have good support. Still, they
are much cheaper than a managed dedicated server.

UH has not moved me to a new server. And *in general* the site works
fine. It's just this one very important IP that has problems. I am
hesitant to blame UH because I know that another service (Mailfoundry)
also tends to block the same IP for a similar-sounding reason.

I have shell access to the server so I can run "top". And every user has
his own instance of PHP, so I could configure that. But it looks like
the problem is not with PHP but with MySQL. It is my hope that page
caching will noticeably lower the number of MySQL requests.

Cheers.