[support] CPU usage

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Thu May 14 12:42:01 UTC 2009

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Is there some means for you to verify that it isn't SPAM?  Is it
> possible to white list the IP address?

I haven't thought of any way to verify that it isn't SPAM. :-(  The web
host has said that it is not possible to white-list the IP address. I
did send an email to the school admin with other questions, like what
proxy they use and how many schools share this IP.

> Are there controls at the school
> to prevent its servers from being used by external users/servers for
> Relay, etc.?

That will be my next question to the school admin. Thanks for suggesting it.

> If the school's servers aren't sound then they should get
> that fixed.  If someone in the school is abusing the schools services
> they should get that fixed.

Indeed.

Daniel.