[support] CPU usage

Daniel Carrera daniel.carrera at theingots.org
Thu May 14 19:39:05 UTC 2009

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for all the information.

Jamie Holly wrote:
> Overall though I would say you are at the point shared hosting isn't
> going to cut it anymore. I doubt they will change to much to accommodate
> your site since they also have to consider the other sites on the
> machine. I would start looking at going to some other hosting solution,
> be it dedicated, VPS or cloud.

Three questions:

1. What's cloud?
2. Does a VPS avoid the problems of a shared host?
3. Can these option handle the 500 HTTP requests?
4. Can you recommend a service for a *managed* VPS or similar that has
very good support for a modest price?

At the current exchange rate, we are spending about $35/month. We can up
this a lot, but I think $400/month is out of our range right now.

Daniel.