[support] ldap provivioning samba module

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Thu May 14 21:03:20 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to use this module for the uidNumber attribute as the
standard ldap provisioning module doesn't seem to support this.

While I can use the ldap provisioning module as long as I insert a
line in the Basic LDAP attributes window to look like this;

uidNumber: 3000

I can't seem to have it auto generated.

Can any one shed some light on how I can have the uidNumber attribute
generated by Drupal or how to properly use the ldap samba module?

I am using the posixAccount object class that needs a uidNumber
attribute.

I am using Drupal 5.12 and have it talking with my OpenLDAP and can
add/remove users via Drupal as long as I manually add uidNumber: 3000
for example but I would like this automatic.

I'm even unsure if I am explaining this correctly?

Thanks in advance,
- aurfalien