[support] Most suitable ecommerce module

luca capra luca.capra at gmail.com
Fri May 15 17:19:27 UTC 2009

Hello support,

I'm planning a drupal based ecommerce website. There will be an
affiliate role for buyers with a special % discount on each purchase,
and a custom discount for some of these users (affiliated) . The shop
will count many products, probably  around 1000. Finally we'll use a
custom payment gateway with a local bank api.

I read about ecommerce module (of which I got a book by M.Peacock,2008
about v3 on D5) and ubercart module.
After searching on the web for comparison of these two modules, I've
started some days ago to create 2 different test sites on D6.
Not yet tried to customize theme or work with APIs.

I'm still confused..
Can somebody give me any hint about ?

Thanks a lot, Luca