[support] ldap provisioning module

aurfalien at gmail.com aurfalien at gmail.com
Mon May 18 22:05:58 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I sent this earlier but not sure if any one go it.  excuse the resend
if you received it in the past.

I'm trying to use the samba ldap provisioning module for the uidNumber
attribute as the standard ldap provisioning module doesn't seem to
support this.

While I can use the ldap provisioning module as long as I insert a
line in the Basic LDAP attributes window to look like this;

uidNumber: 3000

I can't seem to have it auto generated when enabling the samba ldap
provisioning portion.

Can any one shed some light on how I can have the uidNumber attribute
generated by Drupal or how to properly use the ldap samba module?

I am using the posixAccount object class that needs a uidNumber
attribute.

I am using Drupal 5.12 and have it talking with my OpenLDAP and can
add/remove users via Drupal as long as I manually add uidNumber: 3000
for example but I would like this automatic.

I'm even unsure if I am explaining this correctly?

Thanks in advance,

- aurfalien