[support] modify email headers

T L tloud365 at gmail.com
Tue May 19 00:15:42 UTC 2009

Hi Mohammed,

Is this in a custom module?  If so, check out your drupal_mail arguments--
http://api.drupal.org/api/function/drupal_mail/5. eg, for d5
drupal_mail( $id, $to, $subject, $body, *$from*);
//or further customization
drupal_mail( $id, $to, $subject, $body, *$from*, *array('From'=>$from*, *
'Reply-To'=>'bulkemail at mydomain.com'*) ); //add in bcc, content-type, etc.

If not, this might be a server setting not a drupal setting--what's your
stack setup, have you looked there?  You could always grep
nobody at host.domain.com too.

Best,
Tim

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com>wrote:

> I suggest http://drupal.org/project/returnpath
>
> If nothing else the project page provides some guidance.
>
> On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Mohammed at atexplorer.com
> <mohammed at atexplorer.com> wrote:
> > how do I modify the mail headers that are sent by Drupal? for some reason
> > emails sent from my installation have the sender as
> nobody at host.domain.com.
> > note that I have specified a valid email address under site configuration
> /
> > site information.
>
> Regards,
> Greg
>
> --
> Greg Knaddison | 303-800-5623 | http://growingventuresolutions.com
> Cracking Drupal - Learn to protect your Drupal site from hackers
> Now available from Wiley http://crackingdrupal.com

Tim Loudon
t: 781.686.6096
e: tloud365 at gmail.com