[support] display/hide a cck text field based on the input cck date field

Francesco entuland at gmail.com
Wed May 20 11:07:49 UTC 2009

Hi Mohan,
I've read your lines:

> I'm trying to display/hide a cck field based on the input given in another
> field. My situation is i need to show a cck text field based on the server
> time...if it doesn't matches, I need to display another cck text field.

and the thread you mentioned on Dupal.org:

> You can see my details in forum post here http://drupal.org/node/466694 .

So far, I wasn't able to understand if the logic should be applied at
input time or at render time.

> I guess i can do this using "Computed fields". I read and got some clue from
> this post (http://drupal.org/node/182473 ) but yet i couldnt get this done .

Maybe computed fields could make it for input time, but in any case it
could be useful if you explain in deeper detail the steps you've
already done and report the PHP you're using, so that others can
reproduce it and check out what's not working.

If you have to apply the logic only at render time you can achieve it
with Contemplates quite easily.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Francesco