[support] SSL Form Posts in Drupal are sent in the clear ...

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Wed May 20 21:04:03 UTC 2009

On my ssl sites I set $base_url in settings.php to be the
https://example.com form, which seems to make sure that all my pages are
https, even if someone lands on http first, they get redirected after
the first click.

You might consider also looking at the secure_pages module to make sure
specific pages are always secured.

Dave