[support] Drupal5 Vs Drupal6

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri May 22 16:30:27 UTC 2009

It's impossible to go though contrib module by contrib module, and you should really make that assesment based on the modules you think you might need, the fact that Panels hasn't been released yet for D6 is of some concern ,as well as the fact that it doesn't yet integerate with CCK.

I have not been able, yet, to set up a D6 site that doesn't need some beta modules.  That being said, I haven't had any trouble with the beta modules that I've installed (freelinking, imagecache). I haven't been brave enough to try the panels beta.

Both versions perform nicely, and I wouldn't really consider that a good criteria for deciding which version to run on.