[support] how to change a content type format

Shai Gluskin shai at content2zero.com
Sun Nov 8 03:50:49 UTC 2009

Marty,

Great. Glad you are having luck with Drupal.

Just as an FYI... Let me explain a slightly different approach.  Make a NEW
preset instead of deleting the old one. You then go to the content-type
administration (or possibly the admin for the View that is generating the
content) and click on "Display fields" (or the field display handler if it
is a View). There you will be able to select the new preset you just made,
and then click "Save."

The reason to do it the way I just described is that it is possible that
there are other pages on your site that are using that same preset. And
maybe the old settings are more appropriate for the other contexts. If I
weren't sure about how everything on the site worked, I'd always create a
new preset and apply it to the context as opposed to editing an existing
preset.

But I really don't mean to rain on your parade. Sounds like you are doing
great in learning Drupal.

Shai