[support] Php4 and Drupal 6: is it possible ?

KOBA | Hans Rossel hans.rossel at koba.be
Tue Oct 6 18:10:13 UTC 2009

I would not do it. Core might work I think but important contrib
modules like date and filefield require php 5.2. Also other contrib
modules give problems on php4.
Also a hosting that does not offer php 5 yet is a bad sign for the
quality of that hosting. And when the site does not function correctly
because of bad hosting quality you might also be held responsible if
you dont cover yourself up very well.

2009/10/6, Michel Morelli <michel at ziobuddalabs.it>:
> hi all. I need to make an offer to upgrade a Drupal site from 5.x to 6.x
> (any good RTFM ?).
> Now, the php in use is 4.4.8 version and it work with Drupal 5.
> But for Drupal 6.x ?
>
> Tnx.
>
> --
> Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobuddalabs.net
> Sviluppo applicazioni CMS DRUPAL e web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
> Telefono: 0200619074
> Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660
>
> http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
> http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
> http://www.ziodrupal.net       			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
>
> 						JABBER: michel at ziobuddalabs.it