[support] Views: is better node or fields for the "Row styles" ?

Michel Morelli michel at ziobuddalabs.it
Wed Oct 7 07:41:02 UTC 2009

Hi all, I need to create some views (I know how to make it) but I have a
questions about performance (and maintenance). All my views need to
create some little piece of HTML with title, image (imagecached), little
description, link to the node. All this "fields" will be contained in a

We know that view's "Row Styles" can be "Fields" or "Node". In a case
like this one is better to use fields or node ?
If I choose "Fields" I may create one {template}.tpl.php file for each
"fields" (title will be in a <h1>, little description will be in a <p>,
etc etc).
If I choose "Node" I may create only one node-view-MYVIEWNAME.tpl.php
that include the HTML tags that I need.

I think that in this case the better solution is node-view file. Is this
correct ?

Tnx.

Michel 'ZioBudda' Morelli                       michel at ziobuddalabs.net
Sviluppo applicazioni CMS DRUPAL e web dinamiche (LAMP+Ajax)
Telefono: 0200619074
Telefono Cell: +39-3939890025 --  Fax: +39-0291390660

http://www.ziobudda.net                         ICQ: 58351764
http://www.ziobuddalabs.it                      Skype: zio_budda
http://www.ziodrupal.net       			MSN: michel at ziobuddalabs.it
						JABBER: michel at ziobuddalabs.it