[support] A module for email publishing

luca capra luca.capra at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 07:37:05 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've written a small module for a site I'm working on.

What it does:
open a mailbox trought imap (with mail_api), list headers and permitted
users can publish a mail as node mapping the title, the body and the
attachments as file upload, taking care of mail forwarding (sometime
fails, giving a blank body). The sender mail get mapped to the relative
user (or the user can be created directly within the module). The
publish date maps to the date the mail get recived.

The user has a populated node form (based on the type one choose, by
default story)
that can modify as wanted and then publish as a normal node. [Only
Drupal 6 is supported.]

ok, that's all.

I would like to know if this could be useful to anyone and
  if it could be listed in the drupal.org cvs.
Maybe interested and more skilled contributors/users could help to make
it grow better than what I can do by my own.

But ..  is this a duplicate?  What about security? Any hint?

Thank you.
Best Regards,
Luca