[support] Permission problem

A-NO-NE Music madflute at anonemusic.com
Thu Oct 15 16:10:45 UTC 2009

On 2009/10/15, at 7:48, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Quoting A-NO-NE Music <madflute at anonemusic.com>:
>
>> Drupl 6.14
>>
>> I just created a new role for my assistant to post 'page' content
>> type
>> but not other content type, then I realized Publishing Option is
>> disengaged so she can't post to the front page nor sticking it to the
>> top.  To my surprise, there is no permission setting for Publishing
>> Option.
>>
>> I realized the publishing option comes online if I give Administer
>> Nodes permission, but this causes to allow, not only Page but also
>> any
>> content type to be created even though they are not engaged for this
>> role.
>>
>> I am hoping to solve this problem before morning.  Any help would be
>> appreciated.
>>

> Create a new content type that allows the assistant to post and set
> the publishing option defaults to publish and promote to front page.

Thans Earnie, but is the the only way?  I need my assistant to have
her own control over posting to front and stick to the top, but you
are saying there is no way :-(

> As delivered "Page" is suggested to be use for static data while
> "Story" is to be used for new viral content entered by the user.

Not sure what you want to point out for me here.  What my assistant
post should be static since she is not a user.  The user will be the
audience, which is my students at the collage.

--
- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Greater Boston
http://a-no-ne.com   http://anonemusic.com