[support] Is it possible to change the date to something easier to read?

brendan, fresh-off.com hello at fresh-off.com
Fri Oct 16 13:00:15 UTC 2009

Hmmm
 Since you're happy with the Long Date format, I'm *guessing* there's
no need for you to add a Custom Format on the date-time configure page.
Just chose which Long Date format makes the most sense.  But, that’s just a
guess.

I had to do this recently for the first time myself - creating a custom
date/time for a View.  I guess I'll just tell you what I did for my View;  I
needed it to show an hour , in a format that would make sense to US based
users (e.g. 5:52a).

Here's what  I did

Under  "Add format type" on the date/time configure page I typed:

-------
Name:  Hour Stamp

Type:  hour_stamp

------

I just chose "names" that made sense to me and my audience.  (Again, I'm not
sure you need to create a custom format..)

for the "Format string" I looked at the php manual (Drupal shows a link to
it) and found what I needed to just show the hour in a familiar US format.

Next I went over to my View, and under "Fields" I chose "Content: Date
(field_date) - From date"

Next I chose:   "Link this field to its node" (personal preference)

And for "Format" I chose:  "Hour Stamp" (see if you can choose "Long" here).

That’s what I needed to do for my situation.  I don’t know if that will help
or not, but hopefully it points you in the right direction!

------

brendan, fresh-off.com

Creative Direction & Consultation: Web | Print | Brand

http://fresh-off.com

hello at fresh-off.com

206.328.1067