[support] FW: Upgrading Drupal from 5.19 to 6.13

David Christensen dpchrist at holgerdanske.com
Fri Oct 16 19:43:46 UTC 2009

drupal:

I fought my way through the upgrade from Drupal 5.19 to 5.20, to 6.14,
yesterday:

1.  Re-install all previously-installed modules and then uninstall them
via Drupal interface.

2.  Upgrade from Drupal 5.19 to 5.20 -- no errors or warnings; site
seemed okay.

3.  Upgrade from Drupal 5.20 to 6.14, study errors and warnings, restore
back to Drupal 5.20, verify, and then use mysql client to drop
problematic tables:

	cache_block
	cache_form
	menu_router
	menu_links
	menu_custom
	upload
	actions_old_contrib
	actions_aid
	search_node_links

4.  Upgrade to Drupal 6.14 -- no errors or warnings; site seems okay:

	http://holgerdanske.com/

I'm going to wait a while before I attempt steps 3 and 4 on my other
Drupal 5.x site.

HTH,

David