[support] Create a page (from views) with the url that start from the begin

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Mon Oct 19 14:32:38 UTC 2009

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:32:36 +0200
Michel Morelli <michel at ziobuddalabs.it> wrote:

> Hi all. I have a portal site, a vocabolary with 5 terms and some
> nodes (where these 5 terms are used). Call them "categories".
>
> Now I need to create a page with the last 10 posts from the
> category X (I can do it with views module) but with url like this:
> http://www.mysite.dom/[One of 5 terms/categories] .
> I have tried to use % in the path  that I must to set  in the view
> page, but I have this error:

> "%" may not be used for the first segment of a path

> Is there a way to do what I want to do ?

I haven't clearly understood what's your target, so I'm not sure
that what I propose is going to solve your problem.

Using Arguments in views you could obtain urls like:

example.com/viewname/term

Add Taxonomy: Term name

using pathauto I think you can even get:

example.com/term

placing a term as the first parameter be aware of overlap.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it