[support] move from mysql to postgresql database

Mohd Kamal Bin Mustafa kamal.mustafa at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 23:00:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 6:51 PM, Vasiliy G Tolstov <v.tolstov at selfip.ru> wrote:
> If i create new site with postgresql databases, dump exiting site in
> mysql (only data without schema, with ansi sql compatibility) and import
> into postgresql database, can new site work's properly?
Doesn't always work. I did some in the past and end up writing custom
script to get the best of result. Basically it just a matter of having
two db connection to mysql and postgresql to read and pump it into
postgresql db. Some of my note on how to programmatically create
node:-

http://blog.bytecraft.com.my/blog/kamal/2009/04/13/drupal-programmaticaly-creating-nodes