[support] Showing menu items when user doesn't have permission to access node

antgiant antgiant+drupalSupport at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 22:38:30 UTC 2009

We did something like this by using the cck redirection module.
http://drupal.org/project/cck_redirection
Basically we created a cck type of link, that auto redirects to the entered
node.  Then the link nodes can have whatever permissions we want, and can
show up in the menu however we want.  It also has the benefit of allowing
external URLs in the menu that are permission controlled.

Hope that helps.

--
antgiant