[support] News and Services in the menu

Mansour Al Akeel mansour.alakeel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 14:28:36 UTC 2009

Hello All:
I just installed drupal and looking to get a website running. I still
have a lot to learn. I want to avoid using any additional modules. One
of the requirements is to create a menu item called "News". This will
display a page of all the available news for the site. I like to have
the ability to create a news page granted for news editors.
Similarly I need a "Services" item. Using taxomony and content types,
this should be possible. Right ?
for example, I created an vocabulary called "News" with one term only
"default" to be applied to a page. Is there a way to create content
type for news only ? and How to add this to the menu ?

Any ideas or tutorials about how to proceed ?