[support] Reality check OG and OG User Role

Steven Scotten steves at splicer.com
Thu Oct 29 23:12:13 UTC 2009

I've spent the last few hours trying to set up an Organic Group where
any member of that group can post a Blog Entry, but  only in the
group. I'm using Organic Groups and OG User Role.

I've created a role called "test", and a user called "testuser." A
content type called "og_test" is my group node type, and content type
"blog entry" has been set to "standard group post"

Test role has permissions to "create blog entries" and "edit own blog
entries." Testuser user belongs to no roles.

In /admin/og/og_user_roles I've set the "test" role to be an
assignable role and the role to use as a default basic group role for
users who join og_test groups.

Then I created a group of type og_test. I titled it "Group Page"

I logged in with a second browser as testuser and went to Group Page.
I joined that group. Back in admin user, I looked at the "Configure
member roles" page for this node and saw that my test user is in fact
has the test role.

Back in my testuser account I went to node/add and got "Access
denied". Same for node/add/blog.

I tested with yet another user assigned to role "test" the old
fashioned way. node/add shows "Blog Entry" and node/add/blog shows a
form. If that user is subscribed to the "Group Page" that checkbox
appears under "Audience."

"Garland" theme, the only non-core modules enabled are: Content, OG
User Roles, OG, OG Access Control, OG Views Integration, Views, and
Views UI. I've cleared my caches and logged in and out of the user.

I'm thinking I must have missed something very basic. Any ideas what?

Thank you,

Steve