[support] module_preprocess _hook issue

Matt Funk matze999 at gmx.net
Fri Oct 30 16:48:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

i am overriding a function defined in a custom module in the template.php
file. This works fine, however, i cannot get the preprocess fcn to work.

The fcn in the module is:
theme_mymodule_mysubroutine()

the fcn in the template.php overriding it is:
phptemplate_mymodule_mysubroutine.

This works fine and things are as i expected.

However, then i declare:
phptemplate_preprocess_mymodule_mysubroutine(&$variables)
It seems like this fcn is never called (i did clear the cache).

I know it is not called as i do a set_drupal_message and also declare:
(see: http://drupal.org/node/223430)
  $variables['foo_list'] = array(
    'list item 1',
    'list item 2',
    'list item 3',
  );
However, $foo_list is empty when i try to print it in
phptemplate_mymodule_mysubroutine.

I have never used the preprocess fcn, so i am sorry if this is a stupid
mistake on my side. Can anyone point me to what is going on?
I am using druapl-6.14.

thanks
matt